- eviQ. Risk management for a female BRCA1 mutation carrier https://www.eviq.org.au/cancer-genetics/risk-management/170-risk-management-for-a-female-brca1-mutation-ca
- eviQ. Risk management for a female BRCA2 mutation carrier https://www.eviq.org.au/cancer-genetics/risk-management/162-risk-management-for-a-female-brca2-mutation-ca
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Cancer data in Australia. AIHW. Cat. no. CAN 122. Canberra. 2018 [accessed January 2019].
- Anuradha S, Webb PM, Blomfield P, Brand AH, Friedlander M, Leung Y, et al. Survival of Australian women with invasive epithelial ovarian cancer: a population-based study. Med J Aust. 2014;201(5):283-8.
- Wilson JMG, Jungner G. Principles and practice of screening for disease. World Health Organisation. Public Health Paper Number 34. Geneva. 1968
- Australian Health Ministers' Advisory Council. Population based screening framework. AHMAC. Community Care and Population Health Principal Committee: Standing Committee on Screening. Australian Government Department of Health. 2016. Available from: http://www.cancerscreening.gov.au/internet/screening/publishing.nsf/Content/16AE0B0524753EE9CA257CEE0000B5D7/$File/Final%20Population%20Based%20Screening%20Framework%202016.pdf
- National Academies of Sciences Engineering and Medicine. Ovarian Cancers: Evolving Paradigms in Research and Care. NASEM. Washington (DC), National Academies Press (US). 2016
- Koshiyama M, Matsumura N, Konishi I. Recent concepts of ovarian carcinogenesis: type I and type II. Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014:934261.
- Cohen JG, White M, Cruz A, Farias-Eisner R. In 2014, can we do better than CA125 in the early detection of ovarian cancer? World journal of biological chemistry. 2014;5(3):286-300.
- Lowry KP, Lee SI. Imaging and Screening of Ovarian Cancer. Radiol Clin North Am. 2017;55(6):1251-9.
- van Nagell JR, Jr., Hoff JT. Transvaginal ultrasonography in ovarian cancer screening: current perspectives. Int J Women Health. 2014;6:25-33.
- Buys SS, Partridge E, Black A, Johnson CC, Lamerato L, Isaacs C, et al. Effect of screening on ovarian cancer mortality: the Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian (PLCO) Cancer Screening Randomized Controlled Trial. Jama. 2011;305(22):2295-303.
- Pinsky PF, Yu K, Kramer BS, Black A, Buys SS, Partridge E, et al. Extended mortality results for ovarian cancer screening in the PLCO trial with median 15years follow-up. Gynecol Oncol. 2016;143(2):270-5.
- Temkin SM, Miller EA, Samimi G, Berg CD, Pinsky P, Minasian L. Outcomes from ovarian cancer screening in the PLCO trial: Histologic heterogeneity impacts detection, overdiagnosis and survival. Eur J Cancer. 2017;87:182-8.
- Jacobs IJ, Menon U, Ryan A, Gentry-Maharaj A, Burnell M, Kalsi JK, et al. Ovarian cancer screening and mortality in the UK Collaborative Trial of Ovarian Cancer Screening (UKCTOCS): a randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2016;387(10022):945-56.
- Henderson JT, Webber EM, Sawaya GF. Screening for Ovarian Cancer: An Updated Evidence Review for the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (US). 2017;AHRQ Publication No. 17-05231-EF-1(July).
- Narod SA, Sopik V, Giannakeas V. Should we screen for ovarian cancer? A commentary on the UK Collaborative Trial of Ovarian Cancer Screening (UKCTOCS) randomized trial. Gynecol Oncol. 2016;141(2):191-4.
- Sasieni PD, Duffy SW, Cuzick J. Ovarian cancer screening: UKCTOCS trial. Lancet. 2016;387(10038):2602.
- Thornton JG, Bewley S. Ovarian cancer screening: UKCTOCS trial. Lancet. 2016;387(10038):2601-2.
- Jacobs I. Steady, relentless progress towards effective, safe screening for early detection of cancer of the ovary. BJOG : an international journal of obstetrics and gynaecology. 2017.
- Alsop K, Fereday S, Meldrum C, deFazio A, Emmanuel C, George J, et al. BRCA mutation frequency and patterns of treatment response in BRCA mutation-positive women with ovarian cancer: a report from the Australian Ovarian Cancer Study Group.[Erratum appears in J Clin Oncol. 2012 Nov 20;30(33):4180]. J Clin Oncol. 2012;30(21):2654-63.
- Vicus D, Finch A, Cass I, Rosen B, Murphy J, Fan I, et al. Prevalence of BRCA1 and BRCA2 germ line mutations among women with carcinoma of the fallopian tube. Gynecol Oncol. 2010;118(3):299-302.
- Arts-de Jong M, de Bock GH, van Asperen CJ, Mourits MJ, de Hullu JA, Kets CM. Germline BRCA1/2 mutation testing is indicated in every patient with epithelial ovarian cancer: A systematic review. Eur J Cancer. 2016;61:137-45.
- Kuchenbaecker KB, Hopper JL, Barnes DR, Phillips KA, Mooij TM, Roos-Blom MJ, et al. Risks of Breast, Ovarian, and Contralateral Breast Cancer for BRCA1 and BRCA2 Mutation Carriers. Jama. 2017;317(23):2402-16.
- Bahar AY, Taylor PJ, Andrews L, Proos A, Burnett L, Tucker K, et al. The frequency of founder mutations in the BRCA1, BRCA2, and APC genes in Australian Ashkenazi Jews: implications for the generality of U.S. population data. Cancer. 2001;92(2):440-5.
- Risch HA, McLaughlin JR, Cole DE, Rosen B, Bradley L, Fan I, et al. Population BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation frequencies and cancer penetrances: a kin-cohort study in Ontario, Canada. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2006;98(23):1694-706.
- Janavicius R. Founder BRCA1/2 mutations in the Europe: implications for hereditary breast-ovarian cancer prevention and control. The EPMA journal. 2010;1(3):397-412.
- Lynch HT, Casey MJ, Snyder CL, Bewtra C, Lynch JF, Butts M, et al. Hereditary ovarian carcinoma: heterogeneity, molecular genetics, pathology, and management. Mol Oncol. 2009;3(2):97-137.
- Skates SJ, Greene MH, Buys SS, Mai PL, Brown P, Piedmonte M, et al. Early Detection of Ovarian Cancer using the Risk of Ovarian Cancer Algorithm with Frequent CA125 Testing in Women at Increased Familial Risk - Combined Results from Two Screening Trials. Clin Cancer Res. 2017;23(14):3628-37.
- Rosenthal AN, Fraser L, Manchanda R, Badman P, Philpott S, Mozersky J, et al. Results of annual screening in phase I of the United Kingdom familial ovarian cancer screening study highlight the need for strict adherence to screening schedule. J Clin Oncol. 2013;31(1):49-57.
- Rosenthal AN, Fraser LSM, Philpott S, Manchanda R, Burnell M, Badman P, et al. Evidence of Stage Shift in Women Diagnosed With Ovarian Cancer During Phase II of the United Kingdom Familial Ovarian Cancer Screening Study. J Clin Oncol. 2017;35(13):1411-20.
- British Columbia (2014) Genital Tract Cancers in Females: Ovarian, Fallopian Tube, and Primary Peritoneal Cancers. BCguidelines.ca. Available online.
- Morgan, RJ, Jr., Alvarez, RD, Armstrong, DK, Burger, RA, Castells, M, Chen, LM, et al. (2012). Ovarian cancer, version 3.2012. Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network. 10(11):1339-1349.
- SIGN (2013). Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (SIGN). Management of epithelial ovarian cancer. Edinburgh: SIGN; 2013. (SIGN publication no. 135). [November 2013]. Available from URL: http://www.sign.ac.uk
- UCLH Cancer Collaborative. The ALDO project - Avoiding Late Diagnosis of Ovarian Cancer. https://www.uclh.nhs.uk/OurServices/ServiceA-Z/Cancer/NCV/Pages/TheALDOproject.aspx
- Lai T, Kessel B, Ahn HJ, Terada KY. Ovarian cancer screening in menopausal females with a family history of breast or ovarian cancer. J. 2016;27(4):e41.
Cancer Australia was established by the Australian Government in 2006 to benefit all Australians affected by cancer, and their families and carers. Cancer Australia aims to reduce the impact of cancer, address disparities and improve outcomes for people affected by cancer by leading and coordinating national, evidence-based interventions across the continuum of care.
Freecall 1800 624 973
+61 2 9357 9400
Level 14, 300 Elizabeth Street,
Surry Hills NSW 2010
Locked Bag 3, Strawberry Hills