Cancer is treated in many different ways. The treatment that your doctors recommend will depend on the type of cancer you have, how advanced it is, and other personal factors.
Each treatment may be offered alone or in combination with others.
Questions to ask about treatment
Listed below are some general questions that may be helpful when first talking about your treatment:
- Will I need to travel for treatment?
- What impact will being pregnant have on my treatment?
- Can I have a second opinion?
- Can I bring a friend/family member to my appointments?
- Do you mind if I record our discussion?
- Can you write down what you have told me?