Women should talk to their doctors about the likely cost of medical tests and treatments.The cost of treatments for breast cancer will depend on whether a woman:
- is treated in the public or private system
- is working and has to take time off
- lives in a rural area and needs to travel for treatment
- has private health insurance.
Where to find more information about costs of breast cancer treatments
- Talk to a social worker or welfare worker about what financial and practical support services are available (your breast care nurse or another member of your healthcare team can tell you how to access a social worker or welfare worker).
- Talk to your local Medicare office about the ‘safety net’ on costs of medications and medical bills.