Cancer Australia’s Supporting people with cancer Grant initiative aims to reduce the burden of cancer through the provision of grants to community organisations and encourage effective partnerships between organisations.
Invitation to Apply for the 2017 Supporting people with cancer grant initiative – Now Open
Since 2005, the Australian Government, through Cancer Australia, has provided $7.4 million towards 98 community grants nation-wide with the aim of reducing the impact of cancer, improving access to quality information and providing support for people affected by cancer.
A Call for Applications for the 2017 Supporting people with cancer Grant initiative (Round 9) is now open.
Organisations with a demonstrated track record of supporting people affected by cancer are invited to apply for funding under round 9 of this initiative.
Aims and Outcomes
The grant program aims to reduce the burden of cancer through the provision of grants to community organisations, and encourage effective partnerships between organisations in order to:
- improve the coordination, accessibility and development of quality cancer support networks
- better support people affected by cancer
- focus on local community needs
- develop innovative approaches to support options
- build community capability and demonstrate an impact at the health system, community and consumer level
- initiate visible partnerships and linkages to services which will foster appropriate referral to information and support
Priority Target Groups
Cancer Australia’s priority target groups for the 2017 grant initiative are:
- People whose outcomes are poorer
- Regional and rural communities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- Culturally and linguistically diverse communities
- People who are socioeconomically disadvantaged
Application form, selection criteria and guidelines
Applicants can apply for grants of up to $120,000 (GST exclusive) over a three year period (2017-2020). For further information, application forms, selection criteria and grant guidelines please access the following documents below:
- Supporting people with cancer 2017 Grant Guidelines (PDF 243KB)
- Supporting people with cancer 2017 Application Form (WORD 91 KB)
- Draft Funding Agreement (PDF 232 KB)
- Frequently asked questions (PDF 110 KB)
Questions close – 19 October 2016
Queries are to be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Applications must be emailed and they must be received by Cancer Australia by the Closing Date and Time.
One electronic PDF version and one WORD version are to be submitted to email address: email@example.com and include: ‘CA-ITA-1617-01– Grant application’ as the subject of the email.
Faxed or hardcopy applications will not be accepted.
Applications close at 2pm AEDST (Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time) 16 November 2016.
Previous Grant Recipients
A full list of the projects funded under each round of the Supporting people with cancer grant initiative can be accessed below: