Cancer Australia’s National Centre for Gynaecological Cancers, in partnership with the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, has released a new National Gynaecological Cancers Service Delivery and Resource Framework.
This Framework is designed to help guide services in the delivery of quality multidisciplinary gynaecological cancer care and was developed in close consultation with a project working group comprising representation from key professional groups, and a consumer reference group.
- Download a copy of the National Gynaecological Cancers Service Delivery and Resource Framework (5.9 MB)
This National Framework is the result of a 2008 Review of the Gynaecological Cancers Workforce (PDF 1.18MB) and extensive consultation with the National Centre for Gynaecological Cancers Advisory Group, the Department of Health and Ageing, and key stakeholders across Australia, including: consumers, health professionals, state and territory government health representatives, and representatives from key professional bodies.
Background to the Framework's development
The Gynaecological Cancers Workforce Initiative had the following objectives:
- to support a skilled gynaecological cancers workforce; and
- to improve outcomes and support for women affected by gynaecological cancers, their families and carers, through piloting the implementation and evaluation of a National Gynaecological Cancer Service Delivery and Resource Framework.
There were three interrelated elements to this Initiative:
1. The development of a National Gynaecological Cancer Service Delivery and Resource Framework;
2. State and territory government gynaecological cancers workforce projects to assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of elements of the framework; and
3. A National Coordination, Evaluation and Support Service, established to strengthen national capacity in gynaecological cancers, coordinate the needs of the state and territory projects, facilitate shared learning and reduce duplication of effort during the life of the initiative.