Tips to help with appetite loss
The following tips are based on the experience of health professionals and women themselves:
- eat small meals and snacks as often as you can during the day
- eat a variety of foods and try to include foods that are high in fibre
- choose foods you think you will enjoy and treat yourself when you feel like it
- use ready-made foods if you are too tired to cook
- drink protein and carbohydrate drinks if you find it difficult to eat solid food
- don’t force yourself to eat if you can’t face it but take advantage of those times when you do feel able to eat.