The Standard of care for breast diagnostic services sets standards for facilities providing all three components of the triple test to investigate of breast changes in women in Australian to promote care that is:
- high quality
- based on the most current research.
- Excellent communication between the service and the woman’s doctor (GP).
- Properly trained, qualified and experienced staff.
- Women’s needs for personal space, comfort and privacy.
- Women are well informed and give their consent for each test based on their clear understanding of what to expect.
- Women receive safe and high quality care.
All breast diagnostic services offering the triple test can complete an online survey to:
- compare their performance to the Standard of care for breast diagnostic services
- help them measure the quality of their service to women
- receive a report and self reported suggestions on ways to continually measure and improve their service quality.
Find out more about:
- View a list of suggested questions to ask about breast diagnostic services