Cancer Australia’s Supporting people with cancer Grant initiative will continue to improve the coordination, accessibility and development of quality cancer support networks to better support people affected by cancer. An organisation partnering with community, with a focus on local community needs, ensures relevance and responsiveness of the grant initiative.
Since 2005, the Australian Government, through Cancer Australia, has provided $5.4 million towards 80 grants nation-wide with the aim of reducing the impact of cancer, improving access to quality information and providing support for people affected by cancer.
Aims and Outcomes
The grant initiative aims to reduce the burden of cancer through the provision of grants to community organisations and encourage effective partnerships between organisations in order to:
- improve the coordination, accessibility and development of quality cancer support networks
- better support people affected by cancer
- focus on local community needs
- develop innovative approaches to support options
- initiate visible partnerships and linkages to services which will foster appropriate referral to information and support.
Grant Round priorities
Cancer Australia’s priority target groups for the 2012 grants will be:
- rural and remote communities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- culturally and linguistically diverse communities
- people whose outcomes are poorer.
2012 Grant recipients
Thirteen applicants have been funded in Round 5 of the Supporting people with cancer Grant initiative, with a total of $1.05 million of new grants provided.
The successful applicants will be provided with grants of up to $88,000 to support projects aimed at reducing the burden of cancer in our community. They have also agreed to co-fund the initiative, resulting in a further $1.05 million towards the provision of evidence-based information and support available to people affected by cancer.
A full list of the projects funded under Round 5 of the Supporting people with cancer Grant initiative may be accessed below:
Previous Grant recipients
A full list of the projects funded under each round of the Supporting people with cancer Grant initiative can be accessed by clicking on the links below.
- 2009/10 - Round 4 (PDF 167KB)
- 2007 - Round 3 (PDF 32KB)
- 2006 - Round 2 (PDF 16KB)
The following links provide information about:
- Consumer Support and Information Resources developed as part of the Supporting people with cancer Grant initiative.
- Finding support options