Cancer Australia’s Supporting people with cancer Grant initiative will continue to improve the coordination, accessibility and development of quality cancer support networks to better support people affected by cancer. An organisation partnering with community, with a focus on local community needs, ensures relevance and responsiveness of the grant initiative.
Invitation to apply for the Supporting people with cancer grant initiative Round 6, 2014
Since 2005, the Australian Government, through Cancer Australia, has provided $5.4 million towards 80 community grants nation-wide with the aim of reducing the impact of cancer, improving access to quality information and providing support for people affected by cancer.
AIMS AND OUTCOMES
The grant program aims to reduce the burden of cancer through the provision of grants to community organisations, and encourage effective partnerships between organisations in order to:
- improve the coordination, accessibility and development of quality cancer support networks
- better support people affected by cancer
- focus on local community needs
- develop innovative approaches to support options
- initiate visible partnerships and linkages to services which will foster appropriate referral to information and support.
PRIORITY TARGET GROUPS
Cancer Australia’s priority target groups for the grants will be:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- Culturally and linguistically diverse communities
- Regional and rural communities
- People whose outcomes are poorer
- People who are socio-economically disadvantaged.
Application forms, guidelines, further information
Please read the Grant Guidelines thoroughly before filling out the Application Form.
When filling out the Application Form you can also refer to the Frequently Asked Questions for additional information.
Any enquiries about this Grant initiative are to be provided in writing to the email@example.com. Enquiries will remain open until 7th February 2014.
Applications close at 2pm on Friday 28 February, 2014.
One electronic PDF version is to be submitted to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include ‘CA-ITA-1314/01 – Grant application’ as the subject of the email. Faxed or hardcopy applications will not be accepted.
Successful grant applicants will contract into a funding agreement with Cancer Australia. An example of a Standard Funding Agreement is provided below:
2012 Grant recipients
Thirteen applicants have been funded in Round 5 of the Supporting people with cancer Grant initiative, with a total of $1.05 million of new grants provided.
The successful applicants will be provided with grants of up to $88,000 to support projects aimed at reducing the burden of cancer in our community. They have also agreed to co-fund the initiative, resulting in a further $1.05 million towards the provision of evidence-based information and support available to people affected by cancer.
A full list of the projects funded under Round 5 of the Supporting people with cancer Grant initiative may be accessed below:
Previous Grant recipients
A full list of the projects funded under each round of the Supporting people with cancer Grant initiative can be accessed by clicking on the links below.
- 2009/10 - Round 4 (PDF 167KB)
- 2007 - Round 3 (PDF 32KB)
- 2006 - Round 2 (PDF 16KB)
- 2005 - Round 1 (PDF 18KB)
The following links provide information about:
- Consumer support and information resources developed as part of the Supporting people with cancer Grant initiative.
- Finding support options