As an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander woman, do you have questions about breast cancer and what you can do to look after your breasts?
Breast cancer and you
- My breast cancer journey: a guide for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and their families
- This resource contains information to help you understand more about early breast cancer
- Important breast awareness information for well women
- Information for women diagnosed with breast cancer
- Find recipients of the Well Women Workshop grants
- Find resources to run a Well Women Workshop in your area.
Cancer Australia is committed to working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities to provide women with important information about breast cancer awareness, early detection as well as breast cancer treatment and care.
Cancer Australia is working on a number of important initiatives to reduce this disparity and improve survival outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women diagnosed with breast cancer.
There are a number of things that you can do. The most important thing to know is that early detection is vital to surviving breast cancer.
The following information shares with you a few simple things that you can do to find breast cancer early as well as important information for women diagnosed with breast cancer.